Dear Ashburn Family:
As you are probably aware, this week has brought reports of a major COVID spike, especially in the state of Illinois. I want to ensure you that our top priority continues to focus on the health and safety of our church family. Our state is currently experiencing its sharpest increase in new cases since March.
Both of our locations are currently under Phase 4 of the IL Reopening Plan, but the city of Chicago just announced new mitigation which becomes effective on Monday, November 16th. Our leadership team will be meeting to address these new measures and will communicate with you again next week.
Thankfully, we have avoided any outbreaks of COVID in our church, but each of us must do our part to remain vigilant in the upcoming weeks. I am once again asking everyone to follow our Phase 2 guidelines. Details can be viewed at https://www.ashburnbaptist.com/regathering/.
Here is a brief overview:
- Safety First- Volunteers will take your temperature, using a no-contact thermometer, upon entering the building. If you have a temperature, you will not be admitted for the safety of others. No one should plan to attend services who is known to have had any contact with known COVID-19 confirmed cases, or is exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19. You can still watch our worship services online on Facebook Live or www.ashburn.live.
- Masks- Masks are mandatory for ages 5+ and must be worn to enter the facility. Please bring your own mask. If you do not have one, they will be supplied at the entrance. (No one will be permitted into the facilities without a mask. Once you are seated you may remove your mask. Once you stand to leave, you must place your mask on again.) If you prefer not to wear a mask, you are encouraged to stay home and watch our worship services online on Facebook Live or www.ashburn.live for the safety of others.
- Hand sanitizer- Stations will be easily accessible. You are encouraged to use frequently.
- Social distancing- There is to be no congregating in the hallways. You may fellowship outside under the overhang. Please refrain from all physical contact. Give “air” high-fives or waves. It’s all good!
- Buildings will be closed 15 minutes after services for cleaning and sanitizing.
I want to encourage you to remember that God is in control. Even in this pandemic, we have seen new ministries launched. We have seen people saved, baptized, and added to God’s church. We’re going to get through this! We ARE God’s church and the best is yet to come! I can’t wait to worship with you this weekend!
For our future,
Tommy Thompson, Lead Pastor
Ashburn Baptist Church